Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Short Version on the Blueberries

When will the blueberries arrive?


We still do not have a date but it will be soon, within the next week or so.  When our rancher calls, we will have one day to call all of you to set up the appointments.  So when it happens, it will happen quickly.


I know blueberries are out there, but they are the earlier varieties.  The jerseys are a mid season berry and are just starting to be picked.  They will be here soon. 

Here are the standing details:
We have Jersey blueberries that will be, as quoted before, $1.25 for under 100 pounds and $1.20 for over 100 pounds.  You will need to bring your own containers on the day of pickup and these will not be clean.  If you have gotten berries from us in the past it will be the same as the last two years.


Also, for those of you who really wanted cleaned boxed berries we have:
Blue crop berries in 5 or 10 pound boxes for $2.10 a pound.  Box is included in price.  So a 10 pound box of clean berries will be $21.00 and a 5 pound box will be $10.50.


We have tried so hard to provide something that will be desirous to each of you.  I know that everyone's needs are different.  We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and hope that you will extend grace to us as this has been totally out of our control. We understand if you would like to cancel your order or make changes to it. 


We need to hear from each of you to know what you would like to do.  Here are the options:
1.  I want to leave my poundage as is and I realize that the berries will not be cleaned nor are boxes available, so I will bring my own containers on the day of pickup.  The price is $1.25 if under 100 pounds were ordered or $1.20 for over 100 pounds.


2.  I would like to take advantage of the cleaned and boxed berries at $2.10 a pound, keeping my poundage the same.


3.  I really want cleaned berries but at $2.10 I would like to reduce my poundage.  Just let us know to what you want your order reduced to. 


Oh, I hate to even list this option as we hate to see anyone go away not satisfied but,
4.  What a hassle, please cancel my order. 


We look forward to hearing from each of you over the next couple of days.  If you can drop us an email visitalexanderfarms@gmail.com and let us know what you would like to do.   We really need to hear back from you all by Thursday, if you could.  


Again we apologize for this inconvenience.